New York Gaming Association (NYGA) members are deeply invested in their communities and care about their patrons.
NYGA is committed to promoting responsible gaming and is a proud member of the National Council on Problem Gambling. In addition, NYGA has worked closely with the New York Council on Problem Gambling on the creation of “Best Practices” analysis of existing policies, practices and procedures. Collaborating with problem gambling experts ensures that our members have the best training to deal with underage gambling and the best tools to prevent and protect problem gamblers.
Our members utilize the following tools to achieve the highest standards possible for responsible gaming practices;
- apply underage gambling policies and practices,
- offer voluntary self-exclusion programs,
- conspicuously post information and messaging throughout facilities,
- recognize and assist patrons who may have problems with gambling,
- provide access to a 24-hour problem gambling hotline and employee training.
For more information about problem gambling and the resources available to help please visit: http://knowtheodds.org
If you or someone you know is concerned about their gambling please contact:
New York Council on Problem Gambling
24-Hour Problem Gambling Hotline
(877) 8 – HOPENY
New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services